The working principle of UPS
From basic principles in terms of application, UPS is a device that contains stored energy in order to inverter as the main component, regulated stable frequency output power protection equipment. Mainly by the rectifier, batteries, power inverters and static switch of several components.
1) rectifier: rectifier is a rectifier device, simply means that the exchange of (AC) into direct current (DC) devices. It has two main functions: First, the alternating current (AC) into direct current (DC), through the supply of filtered load, or the supply inverter; second, to provide battery charging voltage. Therefore, it is also play a role in charger.
2) Battery: UPS battery is used as a storage energy device, which consists of several cells in series, with a capacity to maintain its size determines the discharge (supply) time. Its main function is: When the electricity is normal, the energy converted into chemical energy stored in the battery internal; when the electricity fails, the chemical energy into electrical energy provided to the inverter or the load.
3) Inverter: popular speaking, the inverter is a DC (DC) into alternating current (AC) device. It consists of inverter bridge control logic and filter circuit.
4) Static Switch: static switch also known as static switch, which is a non-contact switch, is to use two SCR (SCR) reverse parallel composition of a communication switch, its closed and disconnected from the logic controller control. Conversion and the model is divided into two kinds of type and. Conversion-type switch is mainly used for two-way power supply system, its role is to achieve all the way to another road from the automatic switching; and model switch is mainly used for parallel inverters with electricity or more inverter.
Generally based on facilities in the electricity environment, and want to achieve power conservation purposes, select the appropriate UPS. For example: built-in switching power supply for low-power devices typically can choose Off-line UPS; in the electrical environment to poor areas should use on-line interactive type or on-line UPS; while the right does not allow the time or times required intermittent sine wave AC equipment that can only use on-line UPS. But also based on your device to select the general ordinary PC, or the IPC's power in the 200W or so; Apple machine is around 300W; server between 300W and 600W, other equipment, the power values refer to the device's instructions.
Secondly, we should understand the UPS's rated power of representation: apparent power (in VA); the actual output power (in W). Due to the presence of reactive power it had contributed to this difference, the conversion relationship between the two: Apparent Power * Power Factor = actual output power. Off-line, on-line interactive power factor between 0.5 and 0.7, on-line power factor is generally 0.8. With UPS for equipment should pay attention to: The UPS output power to match the actual basis, and some dealers intentionally or unintentionally, it will cause confusion (VA) and (W) the difference, which points to draw the user's attention.
Use of UPS
UPS should be noted that the use of items:
1) UPS's use of the environment should pay attention to well-ventilated, which will help heat and keep the environment clean.
2) Do not bring inductive load, such as the Counter, fluorescent lights, air-conditioning so as to avoid damage.
3) UPS's output load control is about 60% of the best, most reliable.
4) UPS with load is too light (for example, 1000VA, UPS with 100VA load) may cause the battery depth of discharge, will reduce the battery life, should be avoided.
5) Appropriate discharge, contribute to the activation of cells, such as the long-term non-stop electricity, every three months to be artificially cut off electricity to use UPS with a load-discharge time, so you can extend battery life.
6) For most small UPS, to work to open UPS, with load at boot time to avoid startup, work should be shut down UPS; for network computer room UPS, because most of the network is 24 hours, so UPS must also be running around the clock.
7) UPS charge promptly after discharge to prevent battery damage due to excessive self-discharge.
UPS maintenance and repair
The use of an uninterruptible power supply system in the process, people tend to one-sided view that is maintenance-free battery and not take this seriously. However, there are data show that due to battery failure caused by the host UPS failure or an abnormal proportion of the work of about 1 / 3. Thus, to enhance the proper use of the UPS batteries and maintenance, to extend the battery life, lower failure rate UPS systems, has become increasingly important. In addition to matching the regular brand batteries other than the following aspects should be the proper use and maintenance of batteries:
1) Maintain the appropriate environmental temperature: an important factor affecting battery life is the ambient temperature, the general requirements of the battery manufacturers the best ambient temperature is between 20 ~ 25 ℃. Although the temperature of the battery discharge capacity has increased, but the cost is the battery life significantly shortened. According to test the determination of the ambient temperature whenever they exceed 25 ℃, is increased by 10 ℃, the battery life should be cut by half. UPS is currently used batteries are generally maintenance-free sealed lead-acid battery, universal design life is 5 years, which is required in battery manufacturers environment can be achieved. Not reach specified environmental requirements, the length of their life there is a huge difference. In addition, the ambient temperature increase will lead to increased chemical activity within the battery, resulting in a lot of heat, in turn prompted ambient temperature, this vicious cycle will accelerate to shorten battery life.
2) periodic charge-discharge: UPS power supply in the float voltage and discharge voltage, in the factory have to debug into the rating, while the size of the discharge current increases as the load increases, the use of reasonable adjustments should be load, , such as controlling the use of computer and other electronic equipment, the number of units. Under normal circumstances, the load should not exceed 60% of rated load UPS. In this context, the battery discharge current will not over-discharge.
UPS due to long-term and electricity connected, in the supply of high quality, rare use of mains power failure environment, the battery will be a long period of float charge state, the course of time will cause the battery chemical energy and electrical energy conversion activity decreased with each other to accelerate the shorten the life of aging. Therefore, generally every 2-3 months should be fully discharged once, discharge time can be battery capacity and load size of the set. After a full load discharge, according to the provisions of recharge for more than 8 hours.
To learn more about power inverter, please visite http://www.szpowerinverter.com/ and http://www.bestekltd.com/, or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.